Thursday, March 29, 2012

"To Cook or Not to Cook"

I am using a few posts from my old blog since my camera is out of service for a few...
This is an entry I have from last year on my old blog. :P I changed the info a bit to fit what I am doing now... Enjoy!

I had the urge to cook today. (Maybe it is because I had time
And we just went shopping yesterday for groceries?)
I debated on what to do with my extra time and it came down to nap or cook. Otherwise expressed, "To cook, or not to cook!" haha but I'll leave out the drama.
I bought some ricotta cheese yesterday so there was one particular food on the brain, ZITI!
To my surprise, I did not have to debate long what to do with my time.
It was a perfect rainy day to cook!
So I got ambitious and made some baked Ziti.
I was intimidated by the stuffing part of the process but it was really simple. 
I enjoyed making ziti and chad was glad I did too!

It has only a few simple ingredients which include:
Ziti Pasta, Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, and Your Favorite Sauce.
Mix together your cheeses and parsley and stuff them into your cooked Ziti Pasta,
Drizzle red sauce over them and bake for 35 mins at 350 degrees.
 
SOOO Delicious!
This is how it turned out:


While I waited for the Ziti to bake I put dinner in the crock pot. 
I bought a turkey roast yesterday and couldn't wait to eat it.
mmm... All I added was a little broth, carrots, broccoli, celery, onion, and red potato as well as herbs and spices. This smells delicious and I know it will taste great with a side of couscous. 
I can't wait for dinner... although I am still full from those rich Ziti!
Thankfully crock pot cooking takes a while and after smelling all the herbs and spices blend so gracefully for HOURS makes you HUNGRY!

  
This is a picture of My dinner in the crock pot! MMM... 5 hours on Low will make a perfectly juicy turkey and vegetable roast. 
Hope your day is as delicious as mine!
If you want any recipes for anything I post just leave me a comment.

Haven't gotten the urge to bake yet, but look out for pictures from that event too! Ha
Thanks for reading, hope it was inspiring.
Blessings.
Written by Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment