Monday, March 19, 2012

Aromatherapy Home Recipe



 This will make your home smell wonderful!
I found this online and had to try it out. 
This is an organic and cheap way to make your home smell like William-Sonoma! 
I don't know about you but I love going to that store... of course to just look (wayy to expensive)and they always have that fresh and sweet smell in the air. Well this reminds me of that wonderful scent. 



Start with a cup of water
1 lemon
a few sprigs of rosemary 
and a tsp of vanilla

add those to your pot and let simmer.
make sure to squeeze your lemon a bit to release a little more citrus smell. 

I set a timer for 30 minutes and every thirty minutes I added more water and reset the timer. This was sooo easy and dirt cheap. I had a few lemons going bad, vanilla and rosemary on hand and it was as simple as throwing it all together and turning on the burner! 

This was a great smell that filled the whole house. I do this often now and hope you enjoy it too!

You can really get creative with this. I have heard many people use different variations of this at home.
Just lemon is great, Cinnamon, lemon, rosemary, oranges, lavendar, sage or thyme are all great scents that are easily available. Mix and match to find what scent you like best. 

Have fun, and tell me about your favorite scent!
Blessings,
Janelle


No comments:

Post a Comment