Monday, January 30, 2012

Baked Vegetables

Since My sister-in-law Savanna liked the picture of my veggies
I made last night I thought I'd share the recipe with everyone.
It is really simple and chad and I loved it!

I love a good pot roast, stew or twice baked potato.
Those all have lots of fats attached to the vegetables for flavor. 
This recipe is just the veggies, but it is just as juicy, tender and filling. 
not to mention, its sooo easy!

Baked Vegetables

Bake Time:
30-45 minutes

Cook Temperature:
400 degrees

Ingredients:
This recipe can be done with all or only one of the following:
Carrots
Cabbage slice
Potato
turnup
onion
beets

I was just making this as a snack so I only used a handful of veggies since I's only cooking for two. 
I also decided to experiment with the veggies to see how long it would take to bake chopped and not. (they were the same)
so I am assuming the quantity 
would not make a difference either with the time or texture.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
 Makes sure to wash your veggies, and then simply put them in your pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with some salt , sprinkle some fresh Parmesan cheese, cover with foil, and pop them into the oven for 30-45 minutes
It's that easy. carefully test your veggies with a fork for tenderness around 30-40 minutes and adjust time according to your likeness. 
I like my tender but not mushy and 35 minutes was perfect for that!
Serve nice and warm and use as a side dish or the main course (like I did)!
The cabbage and everything was super moist and really hit the spot for something warm without adding any unhealthy fats! 
The carrots are sweet, the cabbage is flavorful and the potato makes you feel nice and full!

*Chad liked to dip the potato in ketchup, (healthy fries I suppose) 
and *add pepper if desired.

This is sure to impress and to make you feel good about what your eating!
Happy eating. 
Blessings,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment